HANOVER, N.H. – Chase Priskie (Pembroke Pines, Florida) scored a goal for a fifth straight game Saturday night but the No. 12/15 Quinnipiac men's ice hockey team fell for the first time this season, 5-1, to the Dartmouth Big Green.
Priskie's goal was the 28th of his career, tying Dan Ennis '03 for the most career goals by a defenseman in Division I program history.
The loss for the Bobcats snaps their six-game winning streak to open the season, the second longest winning streak to open a season in Division I program history.
Quinnipiac 1, Dartmouth 5
Thompson Arena | Hanover, N.H.
- (5:45, 2nd period) – Quinnipiac 0, Dartmouth 1: Drew O'Connor put the Big Green up 1-0 early in the second period as he streaked down and slot to receive a pass from Jeff Losurdo and beat goaltender Keith Petruzzelli (Wilbraham, Massachusetts) with the backhand
- (7:34, 2nd period) – Quinnipiac 0, Dartmouth 2: Quin Foreman doubled the Big Green lead less than two minutes later with a power-play goal as he one-timed home the puck in the slot off a feed from Matt Baker
- (11:30, 2nd period) – Quinnipiac 0, Dartmouth 3: Dartmouth added a five-on-three power-play goal just past the midway point of the second period as Collin Rutherford one-timed home a goal of his own from the left faceoff circle from a pass at the right point by Will Graber
- (2:19, 3rd period) – Quinnipiac 1, Dartmouth 3: Priskie scored his third power-play goal of the season as he ripped home the goal off a cross-zone pass by Odeen Tufto from the right point. Brogan Rafferty(Dundee, Illinois) also picked up an assist
- (4:45, 3rd period) – Quinnipiac 1, Dartmouth 4: Jeff Losurdo scored his first career goal as he corralled a loose puck in just inside the left faceoff circle and fired home a four-on-four goal
- (10:12, 3rd period) – Quinnipiac 1, Dartmouth 5: Carl Hesler scored the short-handed empty-netter for the Big Green after Petruzzelli was pulled for an extra attacker with the Bobcats trailing.
- After Dartmouth's first goal, Quinnipiac trailed in a game for the first time since tying Vermont with 2:19 to go in the season-opener, a span of 328:04
- Priskie re-gained the team lead with his sixth goal on the season and third on the power-play goal
- He also tied the Division I program record for goals by a defenseman with his 28th career, tying the previous record held by Dan Ennis '03
- Priskie has now scored a goal in five straight games and has goals in six of the first seven games
- Tufto recorded his ninth point of the season and extended his point streak to four games
- Tufto's assist also gives the sophomore 50 career points, a mark he reached in just 45 career games
- Rafferty also recorded a point for a third straight game as he tallied his fifth assist of the season
- Rafferty now has 40 career assists and is just two points shy of 50
- Quinnipiac returns to Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena at People's United Center next weekend for a pair of games, opening Friday night against Rensselaer at 7 p.m. before taking on No. 17 Union Saturday night at 7 p.m.