ECAC Hockey seeks applicants for a part-time position in the league office based in Albany, N.Y. The communications assistant will assist in all administrative efforts of the Division I ice hockey league which comprises 12 men’s and 12 women’s teams throughout the Northeast, United States.
Appointment: August 15, 2019 - April 15, 2020
Compensation: $1,250 monthly stipend / 20-25 hours per-week
- Perform communications functions for the promotion of the league, and its member institutions.
- Distribute information to institutions, media, and other reporting outlets.
- Assist with the daily management and upkeep of the league website and social media channels.
- Edit, compile, and post game stories/highlights on the league website after games are completed (NOTE - This requires work on Friday/Saturday nights).
- Aid in the creation of digital content for the league website and social channels, including but not limited to, video, graphic, and written content.
- Assist with the weekly, monthly, and season-long awards programs.
- Update league historical records, and maintain a page that tracks upcoming milestones.
- Assist with the planning and execution of league Championships, banquets, and other events.
- Work with the staff at the Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) to increase attendance at the men’s championship through group sales initiatives.
- Assist in the solicitation of championship program advertising.
- Attend events at campus and tournament sites as assigned to develop relationships with the media, support institutional efforts, and promote the League.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Commissioner or Assistant Commissioner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Previous experience in a collegiate athletics setting (including student experience), preferably in media relations/sports information.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Previous experience with website management, including writing and posting press releases.
- Previous experience using social media for a collegiate or professional athletics organization.
- Previous experience using Adobe Creative Suites software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), as well as experience with video editing.
To Apply: Email a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to:
Assistant Commissioner | ECAC Hockey
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.