HANOVER, N.H. – The Quinnipiac University men's ice hockey team lost to Dartmouth, 4-3, on a goal scored with 9.9 seconds remaining in an ECAC Hockey matchup at Thompson Arena in Hanover, N.H. With the loss, Quinnipiac drops to 8-12-2 overall and 4-7-1 in ECAC Hockey while Dartmouth improves to 6-9-2 overall and 4-5-1 in ECAC Hockey play.
Quinnipiac senior Tanner MacMaster (Calgary, Alberta) scored twice, while Odeen Tufto (Chaska, Minnesota) totaled a goal and two assists while Nick Jermain (Norwalk, Connecticut) passed out three assists.
Quinnipiac 3 | Dartmouth 4
Quinnipiac (8-12-2, 4-7-1 ECAC HOCKEY) | Dartmouth (6-9-2, 4-5-1 ECAC Hockey)
- 10:27, 1st (Quinnipiac 1, Dartmouth 0): Tanner MacMaster (Calgary, Alberta) put the Bobcats on the board with his ninth goal of the season. Odeen Tufto dug the puck out of the corner and fed Nick Jermain(Norwalk, Connecticut) in the slot. Jermain then dropped the puck back to MacMaster who one-timed the puck past Dartmouth goalie Devin Buffalo to put the Bobcats out in front, 1-0.
- 11:33, 1st (Dartmouth 1, Quinnipiac 1): Corey Kalk tied the game just over a minute later with Alex Jasiek and Matt Baker setting him up for the neutralizer.
- 12:28, 1st (Quinnipiac 2, Dartmouth 1): Tufto put the Bobcats back out in front with his fifth goal of the season. Luke Shiplo (Oakville, Ontario) handled the puck at the point and sent it on net where Jermain attempted to jam it home. Tufto then collected the rebound in the slot and banged it home to give Quinnipiac a one-goal lead.
- 19:24, 1st (Dartmouth 2, Quinnipiac 2): Daniel Warpecha tied the game with thirty-five seconds left in the first period, with assists credited to Charley Michalowski and Tim Shoup.
- 01:20, 2nd (Dartmouth 3, Quinnipiac 2): Collin Rutherford popped in his second goal, on the power play, of the season just twenty seconds into the period.
- 14:13, 2nd (Quinnipiac 3, Dartmouth 3): John Furgele (Glen Mills, Pennsylvania) sent a pass from the neutral zone deep in the Dartmouth zone where Tufto picked it up. The freshman win skated to the right of Buffalo and then centered a pass in front of the Dartmouth net. Jermain and MacMaster were both cutting to the net, where the puck glanced off of Jermain and landed on MacMaster's stick in the slot. MacMaster deked once and then wristed a shot top-shelf to beat Buffalo and tie the game at 0-0.
- 19:51, 3rd (Dartmouth 4, Quinnipiac 3): Will Graber scored with 9.9 seconds remaining in regulation to give the Big Green the one-goal lead in the closing seconds.
- MacMaster's two-goal night gives him a career-high 10 goals for the year, which also leads all Quinnipiac skaters this season.
- MacMaster has now scored seven goals in his last nine games. His two-goal outing gives him his second two-goal game of the season following his showing against Maine on Dec. 9.
- Tufto's two-point first period gave him his eighth multiple-point game of the season – the most of any NCAA Division I men's ice hockey freshman this season. He now has five goals and a 17 assists for the year, which also leads all Division I freshmen.
- Tufto's one-goal, two-assist night gives him his first three-point game of his career.
- Jermain's three-assist game against the Big Green ends a six-game scoreless streak for the sophomore wing, while it also matches his career-best assist total he set on Oct. 20, 2017 at Northeastern.
- Quinnipiac goalie Andrew Shortridge (Alaska, Anchorage) had 29 saves in the loss.
Quinnipiac will travel to Cambridge, Mass. to take on Harvard on Saturday, Jan. 13 in an ECAC Hockey matchup live on NESN at 3:30 p.m. at the Bright-Landry Hockey Center.