SCHENECTADY, New York – Nationally-ranked No. 16 Quinnipiac men's ice hockey lost to Union, 4-1, in an ECAC Hockey matchup at Messa Rink in Schenectady, New York. With the loss, the Bobcats drop to 3-5-1 overall and 0-4-0 in league play. Union improves to 7-6-0 overall and 5-1-0 in ECAC Hockey.
Chase Priskie (Pembroke Pines, Florida) scored Quinnipiac's only goal, on the power play, to cut Union's lead to 3-1. Karlis Cukste (Riga, Latvia) and Scott Davdison (Trail, British Columbia) picked up assists on the play. Keith Petruzzelli (Wilbraham, Massachusetts) entered the game in the second period and turned back all nine of Union's 10 shots-on-goal in the final 38 minutes of play.
No. 16 Quinnipiac 1 / Union 4
No. 16 Quinnipiac (3-5-1, 0-3-0 ECAC Hockey) | Union (7-6-0, 5-1-0 ECAC Hockey)
Messa Rink / Schenectady, New York
- 5:17, 1st (Union 1, Quinnipiac 0): Ryan Scarfo cleaned up a rebound off a shot by Cole Maier to put Union on the board, 1-0. Maier's shot from the left face-off circle was blocked by Quinnipiac goalie Andrew Shortridge and redirected to his right where Scarfo was waiting for the tip-in.
- 16:25, 1st (Union 2, Quinnipiac 0): Luc Brown picked up a loose pack in the neutral zone and connected with Brett Supinski on the wing. Supinski carried the puck deep, stepped around a defenseman and centered a pass to Anthony Rinaldi who re-directed the shot past Shortridge to give the Dutchmen a 2-0 lead.
- 5:50, 2nd (Union 3, Quinnipiac 0): Union scored a power play goal when Luc Brown took a pass from Greg Campbell at the blue line, skating in on goal and wristed a shot past Shortridge to give Union a 3-0 lead.
- 4:51, 3rd (Union 3, Quinnipiac 1): Chase Priskie scored his fourth goal of the season, on the power play to cut Union's lead to 3-1. Scott Davidson's shot off of Union goalie Darion Hanson's pad bounced out to Karlis Cukste (Riga, Latvia) who handed the puck to Priskie on the wing. The Bobcats' captain then skated in on the Union goal and fired a shot past Hanson to put Quinnipiac on the board.
- 17:53, 3rd (Union 4, Quinnipiac 1): Luc Brown scored his second of the game, on the power play, to give the Dutchmen a 4-1 lead.
BOBCATS SCORING LEADERS
- Priskie's goal was his fourth of the season, and second on the power play with both coming this weekend after he also scored with a man-advantage against RPI on Friday, Nov. 10.
- Cukste picked up his third assist of the year – the most of all Quinnipiac defenseman – while Scott Davidson (Trail, British Columbia) was credited with his second assist of the season.
Quinnipiac resumes ECAC Hockey play when it hosts Brown on Friday, Nov. 17 and Yale on Saturday, Nov. 18 at Frank Perrotti, Jr. Arena at the TD Bank Sports Center in Hamden, Conn. Both games will begin at 7 p.m. and will be available live on ESPN3.