HAMDEN, Connecticut - The Quinnipiac University men's ice hockey team lost to Harvard, 6-2, in an ECAC Hockey match-up at Frank Perrotti, Jr. Arena at the TD Bank Sports Center. With the loss, Quinnipiac drops to 6-8-1 overall and 3-5-0 in ECAC Hockey while Harvard improves to 3-5-1 overall and 3-3-0 in league play.
Nick Jermain (Norwalk, Connecticut) and Tanner MacMaster (Calgary, Alberta) both scored in the Bobcats' loss while Matt Forchuk (Okotoks, Alberta), Kevin Duane (New Canaan, Connecticut), Chase Priskie (Pembroke Pines, Florida) and Odeen Tufto (Chaska, Maine) all had assists. Harvard's Ryan Donato scored three times for the hat trick while junior Michael Lackey had 41 saves for his first win of the season.
Quinnipiac 2, Harvard 6
Quinnipiac (6-8-1, 3-5-0 ECAC Hockey) | Harvard (3-5-1, 3-3-0 ECAC Hockey)
- 3:51, 1st (Quinnipiac 1, Harvard 0): Nick Jermain scored his second goal in as many games when he tipped a pass from Matt Forchuk over the shoulder of Harvard's Michael Lackey to give Quinnipiac a 1-0 lead.
- 6:52, 1st (Quinnipiac 1, Harvard 1): Wiley Sherman scored his first of the year on a pass from Lewis Zerter-Gossage to tie the game at 1-1.
- 9:05, 1st (Quinnipiac 1, Harvard 2): Ryan Donato scored the first of his three goals to push Harvard's lead to 2-1 less than halfway through the period. Donato picked the puck clean from a Quinnipiac skater in the corner, walked over the goalline and across the crease before flipping the puck on goal.
- 16:40, 1st (Quinnipiac 1, Harvard 3): Zerter-Gossage gave Harvard a two-goal lead heading into the first intermission with his third of the season.
- 7:45, 3rd (Quinnipiac 2, Harvard 3); Priskie started the play with a pass across the Harvard zone to Tufto on the boards, who fed MacMaster. MacMaster potted his fifth of the season to pull the Bobcats within a goal with just under 13 minutes to go in the third period.
- 9:04, 3rd (Quinnipiac 2, Harvard 4): Donato scored his second goal of the game, with assists to Henry Bowlby and Adam Baughman, less than two minutes after MacMaster's goal to push the Crimson's lead back to two goals.
- 18:18, 3rd (Quinnipiac 2, Harvard 5): Donato picked up a loose puck deep in the Bobcats' zone and scored on a shot from below the face-off circle on an empty net for the hat trick.
- 19:40, 3rd (Quinnipiac 2, Harvard 6): Colton Kerfoot picked up a loose puck along the boards and saucered a pass up-ice to Seb Lloyd, who beat Shortridge one-on-one in the closing seconds.
- Both Jermain and MacMaster scored for the second straight game after both found the back of the net against Princeton in a 6-2 win on Nov. 28. For Jermain, its his second goal of the season while MacMaster scores his fifth of the season.
- Tufto's assist gives him a team-high 13 for the year, as well as a team-leading 16 points in his first 15 games.
- Priskie's assist gives him three goals and five assists for eight points in eight ECAC Hockey games.
- Quinnipiac will host Dartmouth on Saturday, Dec. 2 for an ECAC Hockey matchup at Frank Perrotti, Jr. Arena at the TD Bank Sports Center at 7 p.m., available live on ESPN3 and TSNGO.