Princeton Tops Yale

Junior David Hallisey had a career night with an assist on all four goals as Princeton handed Yale a 4-2 loss at Ingalls Rink on Friday night.
It marked a career-best in a game for Hallisey, while linemate Jeremy Germain net two assists. This marks the first tie a player has had a four-assist game since Tucker Brockett on Nov. 15, 2013 in a 5-4 overtime win verus Dartmouth. Sophomore Ryan Kuffner and junior Eric Robinson each scored twice. Colton Phinney stopped 36 shots as the Tigers grabbed two big points in the ECAC, improving to 9-11-2 overall and 4-9-2 in league play.
A two-goal third period was the difference after the teams were knotted 2-2 through two periods, as Princeton ended Yale's six-game unbeaten streak.
Robinson tallied the game winner at 2:17 of the third when he buried a Hallisey rebound from the slot. Kuffner padded the lead with beauty at 5:15 of the third on a power-play conversion. Sophomore defender Josh Teves threw the puck towards goal where Hallisey backhanded it across the slot to Kuffner for the rip.
Yale pulled goaltender Sam Tucker with 1:59 remaining, but the Tigers defense stood tall. Robinson meanwhile nearly missed a hat trick as he was thisclose to an empty-net goal with 1:07 to play.
Joe Snively put Yale on the board first at 5:05 as he capitalized on a loose puck and put it between the legs of Colton Phinney. The Tigers couldn't clear the puck out of the slot after Charlie Curti tucked it back in along the right boards and Frankie DiChiara and John Hayden kept it alive in front of the goal. Snively got it at the bottom of the right circle and one-timed it in.
Junior Eric Robinson tied it up less than three minutes later with David Hallisey and Jeremy Germainassisting. Germain had a nip at the puck at the left post that deflected off a defender to Hallisey who took a whack at it before Robinson buried it in a scrum.
Hallisey helped set up Princeton's next goal as Ryan Kuffner made it 2-1 at 14:49. Hallisey was able to fend off his defender and put a shot on net that was rebounded out the Kuffner who then snuffed in the juicy rebound.
With his second goal of the night, Snively converted on the power-play to end the first period in a 1-1 deadlock. It took just 10 seconds and came on a major scrum in front of the net with Phinney having no chance with three defenders hogging the crease.
A scoreless second period with Princeton's best chance for taking the lead coming at 7:00. It was a great effort by Robinson-Germain-Hallisey and defenders Joe Grabowski and Tommy Davis as they took 10 shots with four on goal during a single shift.
Princeton outshot Yale 41-38, with Tucker finishing the game with 37 saves.
Both teams were 1 for 4 on the power play.
The Tigers take on Brown tomorrow afternoon at Meehan Auditorium at 4 p.m. Brown dropped a 1-0 game to Quinnipiac early this evening.